There is one type of relationship that has been getting a lot of attention in the media lately. It’s the “friends with benefits” or “no strings attached” relationship. Two movies have popped up glamorizing this relationship: “No Strings Attached” and “Friend with Benefits,” depict a girl who demands a casual, no strings attached relationship. These movies have brought up a debate about whether or not the casual relationship benefits a woman. The “no strings attached” side of the debate might seem appealing at first for the independent and modern woman, but there are a lot of great reasons why a long term, monogamous relationship still works great. There are a lot of other desires women want out of a relationship besides sex, and a casual “friends with benefits” relationship just won’t provide all these things.
Here are 10 things a friend with benefits won’t do for you:
- Send you a bouquet of flowers to your office.
- Take you on an elaborate dinner date night or a romantic Hawaiian vacation.
- Take care of you when you are sick or in a bad/sad situation.
- Feel comfortable to have you do your bathroom duty in the same room.
- Treat you like a goddess.
- Buy you a multi-million dollar home, couple Mercedes Benz, and allowance for some extra frenzy shopping. Of course, most men in the world can’t reach that level of affluence. Don’t give him pressure, he will want to make you happy.
- Love everything about you, your weird habits, and your unconventional style; even walk your designer dog that’s dressed like a princess with real jewelry he bought for you.
- Give you the privilege to step into the local housewife club and enjoy the social perks.
- Help you take advantage of his personal, familial, and professional networks for your career and social advancement.
- Still love you and be loyal to you when you get older and less attractive.
Your friend with benefits can’t give you all these emotional, economic and social benefits. He won’t even consider you when it comes to time to settle down. Why? Because you get what you put in. If you haven’t put in the time to love and commit to him, then why should he love and commit to you? It takes patience to find the right person and time, energy, and mind power to maintain a relationship. The friend with benefits deal is not a smart undertaking. Smart girls will choose a strings attached relationship instead.
This article mainly talks about the girl’s point of view. For boys, you should also check out the article Is No Strings Attached really Convenient? – A Zipcar Analogy .
If you like this article, please Share it, Bookmark it, or Follow me on Twitter. Many Thanks!
July 23, 2011