Tomato Egg Noodle Soup is one of the easiest things to make. The entire process takes only about 15 mins. When you come home tired after a long day of work or just want to cook something simple at home, try to make yourself a bowl of tomato egg noodle soup. My recipe is simple to follow, and you should have a high success rate of making a bowl of good tasting and nutritious noodle soup.
- 2 Roma tomatoes (you can use other types, but I like to use Roma tomatoes because they are softer and require less cooking time)
- Small amount of green onion and ginger
- Noodle (You have many options: Chinese, Japanese, and Italian noodle, you name it.)
- Dice green onion and ginger
- Slice each tomato into 6 pieces from top (You can cut in other ways, but your tomato may lose shape during cooking.)
- Oil—Pour two table spoon of oil into pan; Use median heat to warm oil for around 1 minute (If you see smoke rising from oil, then cool the pan because oil is overheated)
- Seasoning—Sprinkle green onion and ginger into oil; Stir lightly; Fry green onion and ginger until they release fragrant scent
- Tomato—Add in tomato slices; Stir lightly to coat each slice with oil and seasoning; Use median-high heat (Put the pan lid on for faster cooking); Check frequently and Stir as needed until tomato slices become soft and show light browning on the skin;
- Water—Pour 3 and ½ cups of water into pan (you can use a little more water if you have more food); Use high heat to boil the soup; Put the Pan lid on
- Noodle—Add noodle when soup boils; Keep pan lid off from now on; Reduce heat to median and Cook for around 3 minutes until noodle is almost fully cooked
- Egg—Put an egg into the soup and add salt right after (I like to stir the egg apart. You can leave it whole if you like.)
- Salt—Sprinkle small amount of salt over soup (Start with 1/3 of a tea spoon, Stir the soup, and then Taste to see if you need more.)
- Turn off heat when the egg is cooked; Pour the soup into a bowl; Add sesame oil or spices if you prefer.
So here you go. Tomato egg noodle soup is a great quick meal for lunch or dinner. It’s easy and very economical.
There are other versions of tomato egg noodle soup. My recipe is a simpler version. If you know or have discovered ways to improve my recipe, I’d like to hear from you.
Related Reading: Apple Nut Bread Recipe
Cool Your Burning Mouth & Stomach when Having Chinese Hot Pot
Back to Home Page